for Healthcare Education
at Miami University
Welcome to the website of the Mallory-Wilson Center for Healthcare Education.
Established in 1994 through a gift by Dr. Thomas H. Mallory and Mrs. Kelly S. Mallory, The Thomas H. Mallory Center for Premedical Education reflected the Mallory's strong belief that students planning a career in healthcare should be fully informed of the issue's facing today's professionals. In recognition of Dr. David Wilson's contributions as Director, Dr. and Mrs. Mallory requested in 2007 that the official name of the Center be changed to The Thomas H. Mallory and David F. Wilson Center for Healthcare Education.
The mission of the Center is to provide the resources, information, and support that enable students interested in a career in healthcare to make informed decisions about their professional goals and to develop a plan to achieve those goals.
Our activities are focused on
- prehealth academic advising
- exploration of the nature of healthcare as a profession
- changing environment for healthcare practitioners
- lifestyle of healthcare professionals of the future
- cultural expectations of healthcare professionals
- accountability — in terms of personal lifestyle, service to patients, and service to the profession
- Premedical Studies Co-major
(PMD 101; PMD 210; PMD 301)
- Mallory-Wilson Center Premedical Living Learning Community (Office of Residence Life)
- Current Issues in Medicine (BIO 400 Capstone Course)
- Internships ("Preceptorships")
- Student Prehealth organizations
The Center relies on contributions, and we are very grateful for the support of Dr. and Mrs. Mallory, alumni, parents, and friends.